What do you recognize about your emotions?
Reflecting on your feelings is a good way to:
- Recognize what your emotional strengths and weaknesses are
- Become attuned to your values and guide your decision making
- Think about what other people feel beneath the surface, and how their innermost functioning influences what they say and do
These skills are essential to self-management, self- and social awareness, and relationship management. Reflection allows you to take the pause that is necessary to think about the ways in which you want to respond. It also supports you on your path to taking control of, redirecting, and focusing your thoughts. Developing a high capacity to do this helps you build empathy in a way where you can connect with others emotionally. Moreover, it strengthens the depth of your relationships, and your ability to lead and move further into your authentic self.
All of this comes down you being attuned with your inner self.
Misplaced feelings can cause you to respond in ways that are inconsistent with what happens in some situations. Your feelings impact the way you receive feedback and your approach to conflict. Connecting your emotions with your thoughts helps you balance your emotions and prevent emotional sabotage.
In this work together, you will be guided with:
- Processing your emotions in a healthy way
- Practicing vulnerability
- Knowing when to ask for help
- Creating congruence between your thoughts and feelings
- Fusing mindfulness and authenticity
- Deeply understanding your limitations
- Being honest with yourself in a way that isn’t overly critical or naively hopeful
- Being honest with yourself about others
Are you ready for a heart and mind tuneup? Let’s get started!